Saturday, February 8, 2014

Skating on the Edge

The games have begun! The Olympic Games, that is. You may be thinking, "what the heck does this event have to do with fashion?" Most people would answer, "not much at all," but because of my love for figure skating I have a different response. While most of us recognize that the girls' dresses are a bit too glittery and tight to be considered fashion-forward, I can't help but pretend that the fashion industry used them as inspiration in creating what are called "skater dresses." These A-line, above the knee dresses lie perfectly in the middle of the casual to fancy spectrum, making them perfect for dinners with girlfriends or first dates. I desperately wish that I could use the excuse of the Olympics to justify purchasing a multitude of skater dresses from one of my favorite online shops: Asos.







All images via: asos.com

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful dresses! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete